To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must:
- Be a high school senior intending to enroll in a post-secondary school to study an agriculture related field or
- Be enrolled at a post-secondary school to study in an agriculture related field.
- Exhibit potential for successful completion of course of study.
- Be a resident of Illinois
- Must be a Farm Bureau Member or dependent.
- This scholarship is available for high school graduates as well as students graduating from junior college going into university
Criteria For Awarding the scholarship are as follows
(2) Rank in Class
(3) ACT/SAT score
(4) Community Involvement
- Demonstrated interest in agriculture and agribusiness
- Character and personality
(2) Industriousness and motivation
(3) Intellectual interest
(4) Moral Character
(5) Demonstrated leadership